What were they thinking? The Israelites had God by their side. They had food shower from heaven. And they counted on God’s protection against those awful Egyptians. But as they shuffled through the desert, were they grateful? Not really. Check out how they react.
As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the LORD. They said to Moses, “Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? Didn’t we say to you in Egypt, Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!”
Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.” (Exodus 14: 10-14)
Those last words from Moses should be enough to calm the heart and soothe the soul with reassurance. But it wasn’t for them. And, so sadly, often it’s not enough for us either.
So when we flee from the Egyptians of stress, uncertainty and anxiety, we can count on these five reassuring truths:
- We know God is aware of the battles we face and of the enemies of anxiety that chase us through the desert of life.
- We recognize those battles are beyond our human capability to conquer. They require a God-size warrior to defeat them.
- Acknowledge we’re not abandoned. But rather, God is powerfully present in our every encounter with adversity, of disappointment and of setbacks.
- We receive His invitation to win the battle for us. When we step aside and allow Him to do what only He can do, triumph is the next step.
- Rather than wring our hands, fret and worry, we engrave this in our heart: “The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
In the stillness of each moment, calmness fills the soul. In the calmness of our emotions, God’s hand is revealed. And in the quiet of the mind, the heart knows the victory. We need only to be still.
Will today be the beginning of the triumphant life God prepared for you?
Looking for a speaker for your upcoming event? Please watch this two-minute video. CLICK HERE
What an honor it would be for me to delight those who attend your women’s gatherings, retreats, church congregation or corporate events. Since speaking is my passion, I reach the hearts of my audiences by evoking laughter and also some tears by blending Scripture, impacting real-life examples and practical steps to begin a triumphant life today.
Here are some of the TOPICS you can choose from.
Please share: Feel free to share Janet’s posts with your friends.
Comments: I welcome your thoughts; please consider leaving a comment. Just look for the word REPLY at the end of the post after the list of keywords.