I realized the reason: my keyboard was so worn that the keys were stuck, requiring me to press a lot harder than I should.
Finally, I listened to my very wise friend. Got a new keyboard. Now, as I write this to you, my fingers are happy, my shoulder feels great. And once again, God’s Word echoes what I should have known.
And in case you missed it too. Here are three reminders that listening to counsel is a must for those who want to live a happy life:
- Surround yourself with friends who build you up, who enrich your life and give good counsel. “Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart and the pleasantness of one’s friend springs from his earnest counsel.” (Proverbs 27:9)
- Open your ears, expand your mind and enlarge your territory with many friends and mentors who have been where you are and who are where you want to be. “Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.” (Proverbs 17:22)
- Trust and believe and receive God’s counsel. “I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” (Psalm 16:7-8 NIV)
Father how I thank you for the many pitfalls I missed because of your counsel, your guidance, and word of wisdom. Help me to listen to friends you send my way, to mentors you place in my path, and to teachers who know You. In Jesus’ name, amen.
- Whose counsel do you follow?
- What is God’s counsel for your situation today?
- How do you make your life happier?
Looking for a speaker for your upcoming event?
What an honor it would be for me to delight those who attend your women’s gatherings, retreats, church congregation or corporate events. Since speaking is my passion, I reach the hearts of my audiences by evoking laughter and also some tears by blending Scripture, impacting real-life examples and practical steps to begin a triumphant life today.
Here are some of the topics you can choose from.
Please share: Feel free to share Janet’s posts with your friends.
Comments: I welcome your thoughts; please consider leaving a comment. Just look for the word REPLY at the end of the post after the list of keywords.