This past Saturday night, I, hubby, and our two grandkids sat on lawn chairs at a nearby park. All was dark except for the screen playing the movie, “Cinderella.” Grandkids wiggled with excitement at this fun outside movie theatre.
“Are there hot dogs around here?” my 5-year-old grandson asked.
Hot dogs? He knows how I feel about junk food. His 7-year-old older sister knows they are not a healthy option. In fact, she’s quick to tell others about their unhealthy ingredients.
I glanced toward him and gave a slight frown. “Kam, don’t you remember what I told you?” I said, “hot dogs aren’t good for you. They have toxins.”
“Nana,” he said with the same conviction of a politician, “I like them. You don’t. We all have different taste buds.”
What? He didn’t trust my assertion of the truth and at his age, he questioned my teaching?
Hiding a tad of shame, I questioned God, too. I hesitated in believing in His ability to hold me steady during storms, to soothe my soul when tragedy struck, and to restore my life again.
But my belief increase when Job’s story was told of the pain, the loss, and the suffering he endured. He first complained until his friends said: “Quit quarreling with God! Agree with Him and you will have peace at last.” (Job 22:21, The LB-Paraphrased)
Are you questioning God’s power in the midst of a tough time? In the middle of unexpected heartache? When we agree with God and His Word, these following questions have Job’s answers. The answers that we need to give in order to see victory.
- Are we truly and fully committed to persevere till the end? “But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.” (Job 23:10)
- Have we followed our own direction, wisdom and ways? “My feet have closely followed his [God’s] steps…” (Job 23:11a)
- Have we had the discipline to stay on the course traced by God? “I have kept to his way without turning aside.” (Job 23:11b)
- Have we disregarded God’s commands? “I have not departed from the commands of his [God’s] lips…” (Job 22:12a)
- Have we placed value on God’s Word over our feelings? “I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.” (Job 23:12b)
Father, I see the example you give us with Job’s journey from the deepest pain to the greatest triumph. May I follow the same conviction, faith and endurance so triumph will come as it did with Job. Thank you for the restoring power you promise to those who are committed to seek you. In Jesus’ name, amen.
- What trial are you facing?
- What path are you following to bring about triumph?
- Which question is God asking you to make victory possible?
Looking for a speaker for your upcoming event?
What an honor it would be for me to delight those who attend your women’s gatherings, retreats, church congregation or corporate events. Since speaking is my passion, I reach the hearts of my audiences by evoking laughter and also some tears by blending Scripture, impacting real-life examples and practical steps to begin a triumphant life today.
Here are some of the topics you can choose from.
Please share: Feel free to share Janet’s posts with your friends.
Comments: I welcome your thoughts; please consider leaving a comment. Just look for the word REPLY at the end of the post after the list of keywords.