Do I really want to do this? I thought. I sat in the back of a bright red, shiny convertible. As one of the winners of the alumni merit award for my alma mater, I was invited to ride in the homecoming parade.
At first, I was hesitant to do such a foolish thing. But as folks cheered and waved, I waved back. They cheered some more and I was delighting in connecting with the crowds lined along the side of the streets.
“Get the phone, Honey” I said to my hubby seated beside me. “Let’s get a live video on Facebook.”
The bright sun made it difficult to see the screen, yet he diligently followed through. He held the phone showing the scenery, the crowd and the decorated floats as I related the details of the event.
Later, we read this comment, “Looks like you’ve been partying a bit too much.”
Partying? What in the world did he mean? We quickly understood the comment when we saw the video. Goodness gracious, it was upside down!
Isn’t that like life? When we’re enjoying the experiences, thinking all is well, we find that unexpectedly, things happen, turmoil appears, suffering shows up and we find our world turning upside down with sorrow.
But when we know, truly know God, we can wave at the world, cheer our triumph and declare with shining reassurance these truths found in Psalm 23 – The Message Translation (MSG)
- “God, my shepherd! I don’t need a thing.” (Psalm 23:1)
- “You have bedded me down in lush meadows; you find me quiet pools to drink from.” (Psalm 23:2)
- “True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.” (Psalm 23:3)
- “Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I’m not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd’s crook makes me feel secure.” (Psalm 23:4)
- “You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing.” (Psalm 23:5)
- “Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I’m back home in the house of God for the rest of my life.” (Psalm 23:6)
What is your life missing these days?
I appreciate your comments. Please send them on.
VIDEO OF THE WEEK SNEAK PEEK
Looking for a speaker for your upcoming event? A great speaker makes the difference between a so-so event and one that shines with impact. I invite you to view one of my two-minute videos HERE.
What an honor it would be for me to delight those who attend your women’s gatherings, retreats, church congregation or corporate events. Here are some of the TOPICS you can choose from.
Please share: Feel free to share Janet’s posts with your friends.
Comments: I welcome your thoughts; please consider leaving a comment. Just look for the word REPLY at the end of the post after the list of keywords.